Tuesday, April 14, 2009

my accident

so saturday was not the best day. i went to go to walmart and missed the entrance so i went to the next parking lot and blacked out (which we feel is from my sugar dropping real low) and hit a cement based light pole. because of my seatbelt not catching due to my husbands codriver getting rear ended the week before and breaking it, i hit the steering wheel very hard and starting to have problems breathing because of the pain. i was taken to the er and after spending 8 hours there they wanted me to come back sunday (easter) and do a catscan. they wanted to rule out a possible bloodclot which could have explained the blacking out. well i went back and had to be given medicine through iv to calm the pain down and finally was able to do the scan. it is very hard for me to lay on my back because of the pain and because the pain takes my breathe away. so they found i didnt have a bloodcot but i do have 5 fractured ribs (3 on the left and 2 on the right). THAT TOTALLY EXPLAINS THE EXCRUTIATING PAIN!!!!! so now i have to rest and limit my activity because i hurt so bad and i need them to heal pretty fast. hopefully it will heal quickly. as far as my tahoe im not sure it will be fixable. :-( i will keep my fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

soory about the accident, jessica! NO FUN! i hope you heal quickly and that your tahoe is fixable.