Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hello

Hey everyone! So yeah i know its been awhile but wow has lots been going on. Last time we updated Tom was in Oregon with a broken truck and playing in the snow. Well since then, he was able to get back on the road and kept trucking (without TOOOO much difficulties) until Christmas Eve. He got in late afternoon and was here to relax and enjoy Christmas Eve with us. Bud got in also the day before so we were all together for the holiday. So Christmas was good. We had TJ, Bud, Deb, Tom and me here for the holiday which was real nice. This was our first real Christmas as a family here at home. We were able to stay in and didnt have to go anywhere. We were lucky to have Bud and Deb provide the dinner which was one less thing to worry about. It was soooo yummy. So then, the next night was the company christmas party for my husband and Bud's work and we got all dressed up and had fun going there. There was alot of people and it was pretty fun. I think they might have gotten the hint that once the band started singing and everyone left that the band was not the best. I was the Designated Driver so they all got feeling pretty happy drinking. It was fun as heck watching it all. We had a great time and got to share the evening with some of our friends we dont get to see very often. When we were done there, TJ was still at our friends and was spending the night, so it was nice not having to worry about picking him up until the next day.
So I was suppose to have surgery having a total knee reconstruction on December 29th, however that morning the Doctor called and said that my sugar was a little too high (which it wasnt really) and he decided that he wanted to get another xray done to make sure im properly aligned from my hip to my ankle otherwise the knee reconstruction would most likely be a failure. So after getting the xray done and getting my family doctor to sign off on my sugar levels (which she is monitoring closely), we had to wait ALL week to know when we could do the surgery. If i wasnt aligned properly, I would have to have it done in 2 stages which is not wanted. ANYWAYS....friday I got the good news that we were a go on the surgery and the scheduler would talk to me monday about getting it scheduled. WOOOHOOOO!!!!! My new surgery date is set for January 15, 2009. Im so excited because this will be the start of making life better for me. I hopefully will be able to do things better and be able to live my life to the fullest with a better outcome and quality.
So new years eve was good spending time with my family and rang in the new year feeling pretty good. Tom is back on the road and i miss him very much but things are needing to be done for the sake of the family. I love him sooo much and no matter what he things sometimes I appreciate everything he does for us. I know that he cant wait to come off the truck and I really look forward to that day! So I am going to go to bed for now. I have had alot of pain the last couple days to the point where most of my days have been in bed. I hate feeling like this but its part of my life right now. Hopefully after the surgery is done then it wont be like this. So everyone take care and be safe. Remember we love you! Make sure to leave comments so we know who all is out there reading. Thanks!!


OHHHH YEAHHHHH....I forgot to tell you the worst part of having my surgery on January 15th. I WONT BE ABLE TO GO TO MY BRAD PAISLEY CONCERT WITH MY HUSBAND!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH oh well though. I would rather get better than to have the fun. :-( :-( :-(

3 comments:

Lisa said...

i'm still reading your blog, jessica! good luck with the surgery. i hope all goes well and that you have a speedy recovery. take care of yourself.

Lisa said...

i'll tell jenny that you want an invite to her blog and i'll give her your email address. i'm sure she'd invite you.

Typh said...

Let me know how the surgery goes! Glad you had a wonderful holiday with famiy and that you seem much happier now then you have in the past. Love ya!