Saturday, January 31, 2009

Life of Jessica right now

So it has been been a rough few weeks here for me. As many of you have read, I had a knee reconstruction surgery a few weeks ago and then a whirlwind happened. After I got out of surgery I was fine, but a few hours later I crashed. I became unresponsive and had a really scary experience. All I remember is that I woke up not being able to breathe. As I was laying there drifting in and out of consciousness I remember hearing the nurses and doctors panicking and shaking me trying to wake me up and then I would go black again. I remember seeing my mom and my dad and then I saw Tom's great grandma (who are all dead) and got real scared. It was really bright (kind of like you hear in the stories about the bright light that you follow) and I would come back to hearing the nurses yelling. I kept doing this and it was really scary but then I felt the best thing in the world...Toms hand and heard his voice. I remember hearing him talking to the nurses and he was so calm. I have never heard him like that before. He talked to me and he helped me stay in reality. I truly think if he did not come when he did, I may not be here today blogging. It was the scariest feeling in the world to ever feel like that. So when I came around, I was in CCU on a ventilator to help me breathe and was able to communicate by squeezing Toms hand. It was real nice too because my great friend "T" was there and was a big comfort and support not only to me, but to Tom as well. I know I appreciated all she did for us too. I did get better and was able to finally get out of CCU and into a room where I was able to start moving around (walking to and from the bathroom) and starting to do Physical Therapy. After being in the hospital for almost a week I was finally released and got to go home. It was the best feeling in the world to be at home to see TJ and my puppies and kitties.
So I went to get my staples out of my knee and the incision looks real good. Ive got a couple scabs where the staples had blisters and when the staples came out they popped. Can I just say OUCH...taking out staples hurt!!!! I had 35 staples total. Grrrr.
So Tom had to leave back out and I have grandma Deb here to help me out and to help watch and care for TJ. I am doing PT 2 times a week (and yes they come to my house) and just trying to re coop. I am non weight baring on my leg which means I cant stand on it or drive or anything, but that's only until the end of February. I am able to do some, but get real frustrated because I want to do so much more!!!!
So my new dilemma is that grandma is going back to NY in 10 days and I am really really scared of being here by myself. I'm not sure what we are going to do, but we'll figure it out. I'll be OK.
Tom is in California right now going up to Oregon for tomorrow night. He took such good care of me when he was home and am real glad to have him in my life. I know that if he wasn't there when he was, I really don't think i would be here right now.
TJ has been off school all week. We had some major snow/sleet/ice come down and the roads have not been the best in the world. He is going stir crazy because he is not in a structured routine being off school. He has been a big help for me through all this. He is a real good kid.
So I am tired and am going to take a nap. I was able to get into the Tahoe and go to Walmart today to get a few things and it felt so good, but so tiring at the same time. I will keep you posted on how things are going. I just want you all to know that I love you all and am really glad to have you part of my life. I am so appreciative to all those that have been helpful to me. THANK YOU!!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

woah, what a scary experience you went through. i couldn't even imagine what that would be like. i hope that you heal quickly and that you get all the help you need. lemme tell ya, if i lived closer to you, i'd come help you! take care!

Jessica said...

Thanks Lisa...your a great little sister! Your kids are getting so big. Take care!